I’m unhappy with a service I’ve received from the local authority.

There are a few ways you can make a complaint about the local authority and social care services. Essex County Council has a complaints procedure you can follow. Or you might want to lodge your concerns to an organisation like the Local Government Ombudsman.


You want to comment, complain about or compliment the social care services of Essex County Council, you can do this via a web form on the council’s website. If you want to find out more about the process and what you can expect if you give your feedback, visit the page at the link below.

Essex County Council comments, complaints and compliments


You’re looking for support to have your say and be heard, there are self-advocacy resources and tips available. These include help to build your skills and confidence, do’s and don’ts of effective communication, and groups that you can join to hear how others have achieved their goals.

View self-help resources


The role of an advocate

An advocate can stand by you, and stand up for you, when important decisions are being made about any care, treatment and the way you live your life. They can help you understand your rights and options, and support you when expressing your views and wishes to others.

More about the role of an advocate

Self-help resources

Get support for yourself, a family member or someone you care for.

Find out more
We care about your privacy
This website uses cookies to give you the best experience.
Read our updated privacy policy and cookies policy