I’m unhappy with my care package.

It’s important you’re happy with the care you receive, and that your voice is heard when a programme of care is put together. If you’re finding it difficult to manage certain tasks, the social services department at Essex County Council should be able to give you a Care Needs Assessment, or review the current support you receive.


You don’t feel confident enough to tell someone that you’re not happy, and you don’t have a family member or friend to support you, one of our Care Act Advocates might be able to help. An advocate can help you to express what you’re not happy about and then communicate this to your service provider. They can also support you in meetings.

More about care and support needs



You’re considering giving feedback or making a complaint, there’s an Essex County Council process you can follow. If you’re working with an advocate, they can help you decide whether giving feedback or making complaint is right for you. They can explain the process involved, how and who you should send this to, and what you should expect.

Essex County Council comments, complaints and compliments

Self-help resources

Would you like some help to speak up for yourself and ask for the things that are important to you, or help someone you know with this?

View our resources

Self-help resources

Get support for yourself, a family member or someone you care for.

Find out more
We care about your privacy
This website uses cookies to give you the best experience.
Read our updated privacy policy and cookies policy